Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 28-Something I Miss

Day 28-Something I Miss

Hawaii. Never thought I would say that, but I do miss it. I can't say it's because I had SOO much fun there while I was in Hawaii (way too over priced to do much FUN stuff), but we did have some good times. Hawaii was our (Alex and myself) first home with one another. We built our relationship there for over a year. We ended up doing quite a bit closer to us leaving. Explored a little more than normal. I just wish we could have exhausted everything there is to do there, so I wouldn't feel like I need to go back. What I really think will help is getting all our pictures printed (Shutterfly...Thank you for giving me free prints!) and some of them in frames. Others just to look at. It seems like now, looking back, we don't have a lot of pictures of our times there, but we have enough. Hopefully that gets me through until we can vacation again. If we were to ever go back to Hawaii, I think it would another one of the islands. Our next vacation (reaalll vacation) is going to be to Jamaica. Ashley and Craig had such a good time on their honeymoon and got amazing deals for not only their flights, but their resort stay as well. Us 4 are planning to do that together...Party it up Jamaica style. :)


On to another subject. Thought I would do a quick update on things going on with us.
Alex's son went home yesterday. It was sad to see him go, knowing that things aren't the best for him with his mother. We will sure miss him a lot. We had our struggles with him, but at the end of the day (or summer, I should say), it was hard saying goodbye. I know we'll see him again for Christmas. Hopefully we have a "7-year old proof" home by then. Ha ha. People say toddlers are awful? They must not grow out of it ha ha. I really do have pictures that I need to overload my blog with, things have just been way too busy at home for me to get the chance to do it.

My sister will be moving in with Alex and I. So we are now going to be "parents" to a 15 year old. Awesome...NOT! I love her to death, but the age drives me insane. Or maybe it's just her attitude ha ha. Anyway,we're glad to be able to help her out and make sure she's continuing down the right path. Fingers crossed for us!

Alex and I are looking to move into the city. Nothing set in stone, it's just been talked about. We both work there and have to commute daily. Alex's shift will be changing so he won't have the option of car pooling anymore, which is a drag, so we'll BOTH be driving EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Ugh. As much as it sucks being away from my hometown, it would be more cost efficient to move into the city and save the money on gas. I hate moving :( I'll keep ya posted on everything, though!

Aside from that, we've been busy bees. Working all day, spending time together in the evening. We've been helping my sister get things ready for school to start on Monday. We will be getting her room set up this weekend..and of course I get to go see my bestie Ash, to celebrate her hubby's birthday. Happy Birthday, Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment