Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 3, 4, and 5

Well, looks like I'm already slacking on my 30 Day Challenge. It has been a crazy weekend helping my sister out, and my lap top hates my guts. Thank goodness our new computer will be here on...Oh wow, tomorrow!!!!! The time went by QUICK!

Day 3: Your view on alcohol and drugs.

I really don't have much of a view on this topic. I have a couple drinks occassionally. I made mistakes when I was younger. To each their own. Do I think it's right for people to become addicted to these things? No. That disgusts me, especially given the events that have happened within the last week. I think people use alcohol and drugs as an excuse, when they could really do many other things to "help with their problems". But, as I said, to each their own.

Day 4: Your views on religion.

I'm not an "organized religion" type person. I believe in a higher being or beings. I believe there's a reason for everything that happens in this world. I don't believe in the extremists views what-so-ever, and prefer to not really discuss it. I'm content being spiritual, and that's good for me. I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and practices, even those many extremists. I just don't have to play a part in that.

Day 5: Was there a time you thought about ending your life?

If I said no, I would probably be lying. I couldn't tell you an exact point in time that I had these feelings, but there were a few times. I never thought about it too seriously to the point of acting on it, but I did fathom the thought a couple times. Life gets hard a lot, and sometimes it seems much easier to give up on it all. There's no shame in feeling that way. It can be very overwhelming.

Update: My sister seems to be handling the death of her little brother pretty good. She still has some moments when she's overwhelmed by it all, and it doesn't help that she feels obligated to "be strong" for her mother...So she's bottled a lot up inside over it. The viewing and funeral services are tomorrow, and the baby will then be taken to Florida to be buried with family. My sisters mom and two little sisters will be moving back to Florida (where my sister's mom is originally from) permanently. I'm very glad they are. They need to get away from the husband/father, and start over fresh. Again, please keep my sister and her family in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment