Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 8-Satisfaction

Day 8- A day you felt most satisfied in your life.

This is such a great question for the day....But I really can't just pick one day, so I will pick a time frame.

It would have to be since moving back to Utah. Alex and I have been truly blessed (I can't say it enough, and we always end up talking about it). We were able to get jobs right away out here. That was a huge stress I was carrying. I wanted to make sure we could survive, especially just barely getting out of the Army. I hadn't spent as much time in the military life style as Alex did, but we still both had to worry about things. We have been able to get an apartment. Thank goodness we had the savings and then the jobs shortly after to be able to do that. Again, very blessed. We have been able to get some things that weren't really necessities, but that we wanted. We have had amazing family/friends who have helped us out with babysitting Cyrus while we work. We have had my amazing Dad out here helping in any way he can. Whether it be to help with something in the apartment, cook some BBQ, or help Alex with my car...He has been awesome. Speaking of cars...

WE BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!! <------ This is supposed to be exclamation points, but my awful font cuts it off. Time to change.

We are very blessed that we had the means to be able to afford a new car, and also that we've worked so hard to pay off things in order to better be able to finance a car. The car is financed by me, but it's definitely OUR car. It's a 2009 Honda Fit. Now, I really didn't even want to give the Fit a chance, because I think they look similar to a smooshed up van. This is a newer one than the one I was familiar with, so when we walked by, it caught our eye. We opened up the doors, crawled inside, and fell in love. It's not so "smooshed van" looking, I think because it's newer. The interior was in perfect condition, and it's got all the cool little knobs and gizmos to mess with. The biggest two reasons we picked it? Only has 22,187 miles on it and it gets 33 mpg. Oh, I guess it helped that it was a manual vehicle, because I love driving a manual. Especially in the winter. Oh thank heavens. We got a really nice deal on it, and stayed within our budget of how much we wanted to spend monthly. It still came with the warranty, which was amazing, and it's seriously a dream. My poor Jetta had been sadly mistreated by someone, and it has never been the same. May the Jetta rest in pieces. I will post a pic of the new little jewel when I get the chance to take a decent one.

Again, I will say....We have been truly blessed in our lives. I wouldn't want it any other way. And we're sure to count our blessings everyday. We both almost get choked up over the great luck we have had. We also have the best support system out here. Between family and friends (who are just as awesome as family), we're unstoppable. To everyone in our lives that might stumble across this, thank you for being the amazing people you are and treating us so well.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you got a new car. I know it is such a relief for you. Good vibes friend. Good vibes.

    ReplyDelete